Some Great Stats On Catholic Teens
Posted: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 18:55
The 1964 blog – is a resource provided by CARA – the Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate at Georgetown University USA. In 2013, the blog posted a set of research stats about Catholic teens. Although it's based on young people in the USA, it's of interest for all of us. Take a look…
Here are a few of the headlines:
- 92% of teens aged 14-17 with 2 Catholic parents self-identify as Catholic.
- Of those who do, 94% indicated that they were baptised as infants and the rest as either children or teens.
- Only 24% of those who self-identify as Catholic attend Mass weekly or more.
- 72% of Catholics say that during their high school years religion was discussed in the home less than once a week. That"s very telling!
- 30% of those who self-identify as Catholics say that their faith is either the most important thing in their lives or is among the most important.