How Do We Promote Events And Communicate..?
Posted: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 18:52
One of the bigger challenges we face is in how we communicate with our young people. I"m not talking about how we speak in sessions of give talks, and I"m not talking about how we relate the Gospel to life. That stuff"s all important, of course, but I"m talking here simply about how we let them know what"s going on. I"m talking about how we remind them when events are and how we promote our events to those who don"t already come along.Here are some thoughts…
- Announcements at Mass
- Items in the parish newsletter
- Facebook and Twitter (more Facebook really)
- Word of mouth – get teens to bring their friends
- Get parents and grandparents to encourage their kids/ grandkids to come along
- Advertise in local schools (especially Catholic ones)
- Advertise in the local press, if you can afford to
- Talk to teens at Mass and invite them
- Write to previous Confirmation students
- Use an SMS service to txt your teens
- Advertise in local shopping centres and other focal-point type places
That"s all I got… any more?